Use of coconut oil, offers you stronger, nursing, thicker, and shinier hair without scalping and stimulates chances of restoration.
Growing long, luxurious hair is a common goal of many people, both male and female. Researchers have examined several natural methods and ingredients as potential tickets to long, beautiful hair.For centuries, people have used coconut oil to stimulate hair growth for people suffering from thinning hair or baldness, as well as to help existing hair become stronger and fuller.
Coconut oil is very popular and frequently preferred as hair oil worldwide. Before you start using this oil for its many beneficial, functions, perhaps you should find out what makes it so special, and why millions of people choose to use it. Some people have success using coconut oil to treat dandruff and prevent lice. Although many stores sell hair growth remedies made of coconut oil, most beauty professionals believe using pure virgin coconut oil produces the best results. There are several methods for using coconut oil for hair growth and restoration, all of which are simple enough to do at home.
Reasons to Treat Your Hair with Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles.
- It promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff.
- This oil moisturizes dry hair.
- Coconut oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
- It prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
- The oil slows down hair loss.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
- Hair Loss: Coconut oil has been used since ancient times in India for grooming hair. Various remedies were prepared using herbs and coconut oil to prevent hair loss.
- Hair Damage: The use of virgin coconut oil on hair helps to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair. Coconut oil rich in lauric acid, has a high affinity for hair protein, and easily penetrates inside the hair shaft, which is due to its low molecular weight. It can be used for pre-wash or post-wash hair grooming.
- Cooling Properties: The application of coconut oil on the head and scalp also has a cooling effect. It can cool and soothe people with hot heads, or those who suffer from severe scalp sweating.
- Moisture Retention: Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity, since it is not easily broken down nor evaporated, being very stable. It does not let moisture escape, thus keeping hair moist and soft, which prevents breakage of hair.
- Hair Conditioning: Coconut oil is a better conditioner for hair than any synthetic one available in the market. Use of warm coconut oil helps in keeping hair shimmering and soft.
- Anti-Dandruff: The various fatty acids present in coconut oil serve as very good anti-dandruff agents and are far better than any anti-dandruff shampoo. Regular application of coconut oil can help you get rid of dandruff forever.
- Styling: Coconut oil can be a good styling oil for hair as well, as it melts on heating and then condenses when cooled.
- Benefits of Using Virgin Coconut Oil: For hair growth, it is advisable to use only virgin coconut oil. Do not use the regular, refined coconut oil on hair as it does not contain the necessary fatty acids required for effective hair growth. Virgin coconut has all the properties that can promote faster and healthy hair growth. You can easily find virgin coconut in markets.
How Does Coconut Oil Work for Hair Growth?
- Seals in hair moisture: Regular application of virgin coconut oil can help you to keep your hair strong and moisturized. Coconut oil possesses the ability of penetrating the hair shaft and thus conditions your hair from within. The oil supplies enough moisture to protect your hair follicles from environmental impurities and heat.
- Shields hair protein:Lauric acid, a major component of coconut oil gives the oil its protective properties. Lauric acid is a fatty acid that easily binds hair proteins thus helping in protecting roots of hair strands and preventing hair breakage. A study conducted in 2003 revealed that coconut oil can reduce or prevent hair protein loss more effectively than mineral and sunflower oils.
- Contains antibacterial and antifungal properties: Coconut oil’s antibacterial and antifungal properties give the oil the ability of protecting your scalp against dandruff and lice, both of which can hinder hair growth.
- Contains nutrients: Virgin coconut oil is a rich source of nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K and iron. These nutrients are essential for maintaining your hair’s shine and softness. Vitamin E is particularly effective in eradicating dandruff, which is a major cause of hair fall and hindered hair growth.
- Improves blood circulation: Massage your scalp with coconut oil to stimulate blood circulation. Improved blood circulation to your scalp will ensure that your hair follicles receive the required amount of essential nutrients and oxygen. This will make your hair follicles healthy and promote hair growth.